Volunteer Pre-Service Training
The next in-person CASA/GAL volunteer training class will begin on Wednesday, June 7, 2023. The deadline for applications is Monday, May 22, 2023. However, we encourage you to apply now as the extensive background checks are time-consuming. Additionally, once you have been interviewed and accepted into the class, you will need time to observe the required court proceedings before the first day of training. You will be required to attend all of the training dates listed below:
- Wednesday, 06/7/23, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 06/14/23, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 06/21/23, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 06/28/23, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 07/05/23, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 07/12/23, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, 07/14/23, 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Swearing-In Ceremony)
CASA/GAL Volunteers are required to complete 12 hours of ongoing training per year.
Educated volunteers make excellent advocates. Find opportunities by clicking on the link below and sign up for a class now!
Calendar January, February, and March 2023
Calendar April, May, and June 2023
- Read a Book Option: Read a book and earn hours of training credit. Please contact the CASA Office at 419-213-6753 to ask about book options. We have many books available to borrow from the CASA Office library.